Monday, October 5, 2009

hard question

My family and I grew up in a predominately white neighborhood. My schools was majority white. My experience coming to Taylor was one of the first times I've ever dealt with a larger population of different ethnicity groups and races.
My parents are Christians and they have always taught me to have an open mind about everything and also to be open to change. Although we've never talked about it, I believe my parents would be open to my decision to marry someone of a different race. They would probably express their concerns and make sure that I'm confident in my decision. There would be a lot of prayer involved in the process. I believe in the end if they thought I was making a sound decision that I was sure of, they would give me their blessing.
Like I said we have never really talked about this question before but I think it is one of those questions that is to hard to tell exactly how someone would react.

1 comment:

  1. You're right. We can say we might act a certain way, but until we actually are confronted with the situation we don't really know.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete